Recipe by superblondieno2
a scrumptious coffeecake good for anytime of the year. Just be careful that you don't under bake it. I thought I cooked it long enough, but it turned out that I didn't and it was quite soft in the middle. That didn't affect the taste however!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Grease and flour 9-inch round cake pan.
- FOR STREUSEL TOPPING:.
- COMBINE flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly; stir in nuts.
- FOR COFFEECAKE:.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- SPOON half of batter into prepared cake pan. Sprinkle 3/4 cup Streusel Topping over batter. Spoon remaining batter evenly over Streusel Topping; sprinkle with remaining Streusel Topping.
- BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.