Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This has become a family fall tradition. I was a teenager, many many moons ago, when mom first made this. When I came home from football practice, mom said "your dinner is in the oven." I opened the oven "what the %$#@ is this." It was quite good. Prep time does not include the overnight cooking of the pork.
- Cook pork roast overnight in crookpot with water.
- Let roast cool and shred Cut top off pumpkin like you would for a Jack-O-Lantern.
- Remove seeds from pumpkin.
- Using a metal spoon, scrap the sides to remove some of the pumpkin meat.
- Dice the pumpkin meat In a large sauce pan, add pumpkin meat, shredded pork, and the remaining ingredients, except the flour, and heat through.
- Add flour to pan and mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spoon mixture into pumpkin shell.
- Put top on pumpkin and place pumpkin in a large pan with one inch of water.
- Bake for 2 hours.
The last of my Fall PAC recipes. This was very good as well as fun to make. I must admit, I kind of had it easy on this one. Yesterday, I made Roger's "Running Creek Spaghetti Sauce" and because it already had the onions, green peppers and mushrooms in it, I simply added the sauce! The slight hint of cloves really compliments the stew. Serving it right out of the pumpkin was fun, too! Thanks for another keeper, Roger!!