Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is delicious by itself, over rice, or with a nice crusty bread. I've also subbed other squash (butternut, acorn), but pumpkin remains my favorite!
- 1 lb pumpkin, chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1⁄2 cup red lentil
- 16 ounces canned tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- black pepper
- Saute onions and carrots in your favorite medium pan for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes with their juice, stock and mace and season with pepper.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover the pan and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, cover and then simmer gently for another 15 minutes (here is where you'd want to cook it not so long if your pumpkin was frozen).