1/5 Photos of Pumpkin/Squash Soup With Garlic and Thyme
This yummy, warming soup is perfect for cold winter days. It has a subtle garlic and thyme flavour and could be jazzed up easily by adding in some cream or serving with a dollop of sour cream and some cilantro or green onions on top. I hope you enjoy! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using fresh thyme first of all remove leaves from the sprigs and use only the leaves for the soup.
- 2Heat oil in a pot and when ready, add all the veggies and the thyme. Sautee for about 4 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned.
- 3Add enough broth to just cover the veggies.
- 4Simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- 5Using a hand-held blender puree the soup to your liking.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Serve with all the trimmings you like. Enjoy!
- 8NOTE: For a slightly different flavour, roast the pumpkin and garlic beforehand (in the oven) and cook slightly less.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin/Squash Soup With Garlic and Thyme
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: