1/7 Photos of Pumpkin/Squash Gnocchi
This recipe comes from a wonderful pumpkin/squash cook book that my sis found at a local book store. It is rather easy to make and the end results taste very nice. This recipe is great for company for it looks quite impressive and everybody will think you spent the whole day in the kitchen. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash, peel (if necessary) and chop the pumpkin/squash. Cook covered in water for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- 2Place pumpkin/squash in a bowl and mash. Add egg, oil and herbs. Mix well. Little by little sift in the flour and fold in carefully. Using your hands work into a smooth, but not sticky dough (this might require extra flour).
- 3Turn out onto a floured surface and form into rolls of about 1 cm thickness. Cut into pieces and flatten with a fork to create a decorative pattern.
- 4Cook gnocchi in a big pot (it shouldnt be crowed or theyll stick together) in boiling salt water for about 3-4 minutes and serve with a sauce of your choice (I used a herby cheese sauce, but tomato or pesto would ge great as well.).
- 5If you dont want to use a very large pot, you can also cook the gnocchi in portions, keeping the already cooked ones warm in the oven.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin/Squash Gnocchi
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.5
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 28.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 17.5 g