Recipe by nemokitty
This is from one of those family cookbooks that I borrowed from a friend.
Top Review by Susie D
After deciding to make this recipe to use the can of pumpkin in the pantry I discovered it was only a 15 oz can. I cut the pumpkin mixture recipe in half, but used a full cake mix. I also used pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon. This was a big hit with all diners and will definitely grace my holiday table too. It's like pumpkin pie with a terrific topping. Different and without the doughy taste of pie crust. As made the pumpkin layer was about 3/4 inch thick. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2013.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- cinnamon sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything, except butter and cake mix, in a large bowl. Pour pumpkin mixture into a 9x13 pan, then sprinkle yellow cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Drizzle melted butter over cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Optional: Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mix over top.