Recipe by MellowMel
This is the easiest and fastest dinner, healthy and can be made ahead. The hardest thing is cutting up the pumpkin, the rest is embarassingly easy. It looks nice and colourful too.
Top Review by Jen T
A very easy to make dish. I liked the blend of vegetables and cheese. I served this with some crispy grilled bacon and wholemeal toast. The only thing I would do different, is to next time, add some freshly ground black pepper to the mixture. A healthy 'keeper' for me.:)
- 4 cups coarsely chopped pumpkin, 640g
- 1 large coarsely chopped potato, 300g
- 125 g baby spinach leaves, chopped coarsely
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to very hot. Grease deep 23cm-square cake pan, line base and two opposite sides with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin in large microwave-safe bowl, cover; cook on HIGH,stirring halfway through cooking time, about 5 minutes, or until just tender. Place potato in small microwave-safe bowl, cover; cook on HIGH 4 minutes or until just tender.
- Combine pumpkin and potato in large bowl; add spinach, cheeses and egg, stir to combine. Transfer egg mixture to prepared pan. Top with onion.
- Bake in very hot oven about 25 minutes or until firm. Stand 5 minutes before serving.