Recipe by Lucky Clover
Two of my favorite things about fall combined into one delicious drink! This is so easy to make and requires no canned pumpkin - just pumpkin pie spice. From number-2-pencil.com courtesy of foodgawker.com
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Pretty much followed your recipe right on down, but did omit the last two ingredients, whipped cream and additional spice, and other than the hot chocolate being way off the chart when it comes to good nutrition, I have to admit that it was one of the best tasting chocolate drinks that I've had in a long time! Definitely worth having again, though not too soon after the holidays! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made and reviewed in New Kids on the Block]
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup good quality white chocolate chips, Ghirardelli recommended
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream
- additional pumpkin pie spice, to sprinkle on top
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat cream and milk in a pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until hot but not boiling.
- In a medium sized bowl, pour heated cream and milk over white chocolate chips. Stir until chips are melted.
- Add vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice.
- Top with whipped cream and another sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.