Recipe by Nikki Kate
This was on Food Network, Sandra Lee made it on her show Semi-Homemade. I thought this would be a good pancake for my DS because he loves pumpkin. He doesn't care for it, but he only likes cereal for breakfast. It states that it only serves two, but that will depend on how many you eat!
- 1 cup buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup maple-flavored pancake syrup
- 5 tablespoons pecans, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whish pancake mix, water, pumpkin, cinnamon, and ginger until just blended (do not over mix; mixture should be lumpy).
- Spray a heavy griddle with nonstick spray and heat griddle over medium heat.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoons of the batter onto griddle to form each pancake. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear, then turn pancakes over and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer pancakes to plates. Top with butter and serve with warm pecan syrup.
- Pecan Syrup:.
- Combine maple syrup and pecans in small microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave on high until hot, about 25 seconds. Set pecan syrup aside and keep warm.