Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
These plump sandwich cookies stuffed with marshmallow filling won a prize in a Home and Garden recipe contest
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) spice cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
MARSHMALLOW SPICE FILLING
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 1⁄2 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil, grease foil, is using.
- Beat pumpkin and butter on medium speed until smooth.
- Add cake mix, eggs and milk -- beat on low speed until combined.
- Beat on medium speed.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons 3" apart onto prepared cookie sheets.keep remaining batter chilled.
- Bake in preheated oven to 15 minutes or edges are lightly browned.
- Carefully transfer to wire rack and cool -- repeat with remaining batter.
- Cool cookie sheet and line with new parchment or foil.
- Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container, cover.
- Store at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Prepare MARSHMALLOW FILLING up to 2 hours before serving.
- Spread about 2 1/2 tbls filling on flat side of cookie, top with second cookie.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 2 hours.
- To prepare MARSHMALLOW FILLING.
- Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, half of a 7 oz jar or marshmallow cream, 1 tsp vanilla and spices.
- To STORE.
- Place unfilled cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container. Cover.
- Freeze for up to 1 month.
- Thaw, fill and assemble.