Recipe by stacylu
Whoopie Pies are big sandwiched cookie. These are a hit with kids and adults alike. I prefer mine frozen!
Top Review by Sierra Silver
These are marvelous cookies! I love the pumpkin flavor and rich-but not overly sweet-filling. I made these small and used them as Pumpkin Pasties for a Harry Potter party. They were a huge hit! I did find that they needed to bake for seventeen minutes, however - at fifteen, they were sticky when cooled.
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package spice cake mix (2 layer size)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Marshmallow Spice filling
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 1⁄2 ounces marshmallow cream (half of a 7 oz jar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cookies: Beat pumpkin and butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add cake mix, eggs and milk and beat on low speed until combined, then on medium speed for one minute.
- Cover cookie sheets with parchment or oiled foil.
- Drop large mounds of dough 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Filling: Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, marshmallow cream, vanilla and cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Beat until well combined.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until cookies are ready to be filled.
- When cookies are cool, spoon filling on bottom of cookies and sandwich together.