Recipe by pink cook
An excellent way to warm up with this delicious hot chocolate in this special time of the year: The Holidays. Recipe adapted from good life eats. Enjoy.
- 946.36 ml low-fat milk (one more cup if needed)
- 340.19 g white chocolate, chopped
- 19.71 ml cocoa powder
- 29.58 ml sugar (or to your own taste)
- 3.69 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree, canned (or fresh)
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 2 cups of milk, white chocolate, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking periodically, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon and ground pumpkin pie spices.
- Add the remaining milk, 1 cup at a time, until the desired consistency is reached, (adding more if necessary).
- Serve topped with low-fat whipped cream and a sprinkling of ground cinnamon, if like.
- NOTE: just be sure not to fill the mugs too full before adding the whipped cream, or you might have some overflow.