Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
An excellent way to warm up with this delicious hot chocolate in this special time of the year: The Holidays. Recipe adapted from good life eats. Enjoy.
- 4 cups low-fat milk (one more cup if needed)
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or to your own taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, canned (or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, ground
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 2 cups of milk, white chocolate, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking periodically, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon and ground pumpkin pie spices.
- Add the remaining milk, 1 cup at a time, until the desired consistency is reached, (adding more if necessary).
- Serve topped with low-fat whipped cream and a sprinkling of ground cinnamon, if like.
- NOTE: just be sure not to fill the mugs too full before adding the whipped cream, or you might have some overflow.