Recipe by palousebrand
These are delicious fluffy waffles made with whole wheat flour and the perfect amount of pumpkin.
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 pint buttermilk, shaken vigorously
- 1 cup canned canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- coconut cooking spray
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until soft peaks form (more like soft mounds).
- Mix together the prepared baking mix, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves until well blended.
- Beat egg yolks, buttermilk, pumpkin and olive oil together with a whisk in a large bowl until smooth. Slowly add the baking mixture continuing to whisk until you have smooth batter.
- Fold in the egg whites just until combined.
- Prepare waffle iron with a light coating of cooking spray. Pour batter onto cooking surface, close the lid and cook until browned. Time may vary with waffle irons.