Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
No need to pay expensive coffee shop prices when you can make your own at home! Recipe and instructions courtesy of Culinary Adventures in the Kitchen.
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally to keep syrup from burning.
- 2. Let mixture cook together until it becomes syrupy and begins to coat the spoon (for about 10-15 minutes), then remove from heat. Strain into a heat-proof container.
- 3. Refrigerate. The syrup will thicken a bit in the refrigerator, but will become syrupy again when heated.
- To assemble a delicious homemade latte:.
- 1. For a sweeter latte, heat a ratio of 2:1 or 3:1 milk to syrup in a saucepan until warm. If you’d like it less sweet, somewhere closer 4:1 milk to syrup.
- 2. Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend for 20 seconds.
- 3. Pour yourself a cup of steaming hot coffee (leaving more room than you might normally) and top with the frothy milk.