Prep 40 mins
Cook 8 mins
From my mom's Gooseberry Patch Flavors of Fall. Haven't tried these yet.
Make and share this Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, add four and baking soda; stir gently to mix; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, blend butter and powdered sugar together.
- Add in pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and egg; stir to combine.
- Mix in the flour mixture; blend well.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface; cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Bake in a 350° oven on ungreased cookie sheets for about 8 minutes or until golden.
Tasty cookie, next time I might add a little more spice. My dough was also very stiff, after chilling I had to let it warm back up to roll out. Cut into Halloween shapes, no sprinkles or icing though.
The dough was easy to work with and the cookies are very tasty! Simple, easy, delicious. We cut them out into pumpkin shapes and decorated with black icing. The 8 minutes baking time was perfect to keep the cookies from over-baking or under-baking.
VERY tasty cookie!! Being a new cook, this was the first thing I ever made from scratch. I did add an extra tsp of pumpkin pie spice and I thought it was great. They were a HUGE hit at work. I used a cookie press with a pumpkin shape, that way should only be 6-7 minutes cooking time. I also sprinkled orange sugar on it as well. FABULOUS fall cookie!