Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From my mom's Gooseberry Patch Flavors of Fall. Haven't tried these yet.
Top Review by Andrea in AK
Tasty cookie, next time I might add a little more spice. My dough was also very stiff, after chilling I had to let it warm back up to roll out. Cut into Halloween shapes, no sprinkles or icing though.
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, add four and baking soda; stir gently to mix; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, blend butter and powdered sugar together.
- Add in pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and egg; stir to combine.
- Mix in the flour mixture; blend well.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface; cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Bake in a 350° oven on ungreased cookie sheets for about 8 minutes or until golden.