Prep 45 mins
Cook 26 mins
Posted by request
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 -3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in middle of oven; spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, place half the cake mix along with pumpkin, egg, oil, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Blend with electric mixer on medium-high speed 1-2 minutes, until blended and smooth.
- Stir in remaining cake mix and raisins with a wooden spoon until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets.
- If desired, may sprinkle tops with chopped nuts; gently press nuts into dough.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until edges are set and centers are just barely set when lightly touched (do not overbake).
- Cool 1 minute on sheets; transfer to wire racks with metal spatula; cool completely.
- Vanilla Icing: In a bowl, combine the powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and vanilla; stir until icing is well blended, smooth, and spreadable; add more milk by teaspoonfuls if consistency is too thick.
- Drizzle cooled cookies with Vanilla Icing.