From GRIT Magazine: Baking with Honey
Make and share this Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄3 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional) or 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In mixing bowl, thoroughly blend pumpkin, brown sugar, honey, vegetable oil and eggs.
- In separate bowl, sift together flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in oats and ginger. Slowly add to pumpkin mixture, stirring constantly, until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into greased loaf or Bundt pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool slightly and serve warm, plain or with Pumpkin Custard. Yields 12 to 16 servings.
WOW!!! This went right into my 10 STAR book! This is absolutely delicious! This will be made often during the fall and winter seasons. Great flavor and VERY dense and moist. Really liked the honey flavor. I made one change. I used the pecans as called for, but also added 1/4 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds, which worked great. Served with a dollop of whipped cream. Thanks for this keeper! Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.