Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is an easy cake that mixes up in next to no time. Adapted from Lauren Chattman's recipe. I recommend making this recipe in the food processor; the texture does not come out quite right any other way. You can add ground cloves or other spices, or substitute pumpkin pie spice for the spices mentioned.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut up
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups pumpkin puree (canned is fine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease and flour a standard loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in bowl of food processor and pulse a few times to mix.
- Add butter and one egg.
- Process until mixture is moistened.
- With machine running, add remaining ingredients, scraping bowl as necessary.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.
5 stars all the way!!! I'm a dessert making nightmare but this was so easy and included all ingredients I had in the house. It also got me to break out my very seldom used food processor. I served this to adults and kids with fat free cool whip on top and the entire cake was devoured!!! My husband hid one piece which he promptly ate for breakfast this a.m. and said it was still fabulous! Will definitely make again. Had the whole house smelling wonderful while it baked!
Usually, I don't use my food processor, but I did this time. Made for a great fall dessert for us. The spices were a nice combo, that combined for a nice flavor. I did cut back just a little on the sugar, but all in all great dessert ! We are looking for the leftovers tommorow. Made for Zaar`Stars.
I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup. After 1 hour in the oven it looked cooked and the tooth-pick came out clean. I let it rest in the pan 10 minutes. Then removed it from the pan. Half of it fell on the floor :( Later when it was cold, I was slicing it to take a photo of the slices. But I saw that it was not cooked enough. Seems like I should have let it longer in the oven for the other 10 minutes. But the taste is delicious. Thanks Chocolatl for posting this great recipe :) Made for PRMR tag game