Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
These cookies are so simple--only 5 ingredients! The best part is they are healthy! They turn out moist, chewy and full of pumpkin and spices. My family likes them as a snack or even for breakfast, and I hope yours does too! (Note #1: These cookies are best enjoyed fresh--meaning within the first day or two of being made. This is because they are very moist, and the moisture changes the texture of the cookie the longer they are stored in an air-tight container. Note #2: DO NOT substitute any other type of oats. Use only quick-cooking oats, or the cookies will not hold together as well once baked.)
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling, pure (no spices added, I use Libby's brand)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, gluten-free
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin pie filling, brown sugar, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice. Then stir in oats until thoroughly combined.
- Onto a greased cookie sheet, drop cookie dough by heaping teaspoonfuls. Gently flatten cookie mounds to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until cookie bottoms are light brown, and tops are no longer shiny.