Recipe by Mary Close
These are meant to be a replica of the seasonal muffins Dunkin Donuts sells. My daughter said they taste better, she had three! They're moist and light. The house smelled great, too.
Top Review by food snob mom
I modified the recipe as so many of you have done. Added the Baking Powder, extra sour cream, less pumpkin and it was delicious and moist! I also made a glaze to pour over the tops when they were done with confectioners sugar and some pumpkin spices and milk. I love the moistness of these muffins and they were very much like Dunkin Donuts.
- 517.37 g box spice cake mix
- 850.48 g can pumpkin puree
- 99.22 g box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 14.79 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- 10/7/2010 -- OK -- lots of bad reviews -- I even noted at the bottom of my recipe that this has bad reviews and people continue to make and complain. This also has really good reviews, I've checked and double checked. If you're a cook and don't agree with the recipe -- move on to another recipe This is not my own, it came from Todd Wilbur who does the CopyCat recipes. I've made these -- they were great. If you think 30 oz. of Pumpkin is too much -- move in to another recipe, or use less. I am going to delete this, as my other recipe's have great reviews.
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix together spice cake mix, pumpkin, pudding and vanilla. Add sour cream, eggs, oil and spice. When blended well, drop a large scoop of batter into lined muffin tins. Fill to the top. Sprinkle the tops with brown sugar. Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- The first reviewer of this recipe thought a 30 ounce can of pumpkin was too much, but that is the correct amount, and it comes out wonderfully moist. I've given this recipe to people who've raved over the results. I'm sorry to the reviewer that it didn't work out. It's frustrating to invest in ingredients, only to be disappointed.