Recipe by internetnut
Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch & 1 fat. I found this recipe in Your Guide To Eating Well Meal Plans For People With Diabetes. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping. I plan to use Low Carb Slim Fast.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 9 teaspoons sugar substitute (9 packets)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces vanilla, glucerna shake
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place applesauce in sieve and allow to drain 5-10 minutes. Discard liquid.
- In medium bowl, combine pumpkin, egg substitute, sugar substitute, sugar, applesauce, vegetable oil, almond extract, and Glucerna shake.
- Slowly add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture. Mix until just moistened and fold in raisins.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners. Pour batter into liners filling to top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from muffin pan.