Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These fat-free muffins are moist and delicious.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add pumpkin, ½ cup of water. Stir until just mixed.
- Spoon batter into oil-sprayed muffin cups, filling to just below tops.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until tops of muffins bounce back when pressed lightly. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool on a rack. Store cooled muffins in an airtight container.
Our family found these bland in spite of the cinnamon and nutmeg. I really wanted to like them, but we didn't.
Sorry just didn't like these...
I was really disappointed with the way this tasted after reading the reviews and loving pumpkin. They were bland and even adding butter or cream cheese didn't help.