Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
These muffins are absolutely amazing! & to boot, they're only 99 calories per serving. I made them just last night and my sister has already eaten four of them. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 3 ounces frozen unsweetened orange juice concentrate, thawed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Sift together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and allspice into a large bowl; add brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except cooking spray.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
- Spoon into 18 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 14 minutes.
A healthy muffin that the whole family enjoyed. Moist and delicious. It did not taste low fat. Very sweet with the pumpkin so I'm thinking I can use half the amount of sugar next time for my diabetic MIL. I couldn't resist decorating it like a Pear Bear muffin I saw in a magazine for my toddler! Wanted to take a better pic but the masses kept clamouring for more more...