Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just tried this, and its a close runner for Starbucks version. I found it online, so it isn't my recipe. Wish it was! It doesn't say to stir the Coffeemate in before heating it in the microwave, so I'd do that if I were you. I am posting it exactly as it originally was, with no changes.I did use Splenda in it instead of sugar. prep time is a guess. You can also use a shot or two of espresso instead of coffee.
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk (whole if you dare!)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon light brown sugar (packed and leveled)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups strong coffee (brewed using 2 tbs per 1 cup of water)
- 4 tablespoons Coffee-mate (coffee creamer)
- 4 -8 teaspoons granulated sugar
- whipped cream
- In a blender puree the milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Pour into a small saucepan and cook over low heat until the milk is warm and begins to froth slightly. (About 4-5 minutes.) Remove from heat.
- For each serving:.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the pumpkin mixture into your coffee mug.
- Add 2 generous tablespoons of Coffeemate creamer.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, then add 1 cup of brewed coffee.
- Add 2 to 4 teaspoons of sugar (depending on how sweet you like your drink, I added 3 tsps.).
- Top off with a touch more ‘pumpkin milk’ then cover with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Serve immediately.