Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just tried this, and its a close runner for Starbucks version. I found it online, so it isn't my recipe. Wish it was! It doesn't say to stir the Coffeemate in before heating it in the microwave, so I'd do that if I were you. I am posting it exactly as it originally was, with no changes.I did use Splenda in it instead of sugar. prep time is a guess. You can also use a shot or two of espresso instead of coffee.
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk (whole if you dare!)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon light brown sugar (packed and leveled)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups strong coffee (brewed using 2 tbs per 1 cup of water)
- 4 tablespoons Coffee-mate (coffee creamer)
- 4 -8 teaspoons granulated sugar
- whipped cream
- In a blender puree the milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Pour into a small saucepan and cook over low heat until the milk is warm and begins to froth slightly. (About 4-5 minutes.) Remove from heat.
- For each serving:.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the pumpkin mixture into your coffee mug.
- Add 2 generous tablespoons of Coffeemate creamer.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, then add 1 cup of brewed coffee.
- Add 2 to 4 teaspoons of sugar (depending on how sweet you like your drink, I added 3 tsps.).
- Top off with a touch more ‘pumpkin milk’ then cover with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Serve immediately.
Very good recipe. I think the taste is more like a pumpkin flavored coffee, rather than a pumpkin flavored latte. I would use more pumpkin next time and maybe more milk/less coffee.
made this tonite for me and my DD. was very good. perfect mix of spices and great pumpkin taste. thanks for sharing this. i love DIY's!!
This was the best way to start my work day!!! I used pumpkin spice coffee and my French Press to make the coffee part of this recipe. Fantastic flavor. It actually took less time to make than driving to the coffee shop & waiting in line. It definitely tastes better the cup I would have bought at the coffee shop too. Thank you for posting. I'll be making another cup tomorrow!