Recipe by gailanng
One for your holiday (or anytime) fix. You can freeze the leftover canned pumpkin in ice cube trays. Dump frozen cubes into a ziplock freezer bag for future use.
Top Review by Outta Here
Tastes great and cheaper than Starbucks, but found it to be bit too thick, especially near the bottom of the cup. Maybe it would be better with 2 tablespoons pumpkin? Or strain out the solids after heating?
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute (can use granulated sugar) or 1 tablespoon other sugar substitute (can use granulated sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or vanilla syrup and skip the Splenda)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon cloves 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, tiny pinch of ginger)
- 1⁄2 cup hot extra strong coffee (double strength)