Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
One for your holiday (or anytime) fix. You can freeze the leftover canned pumpkin in ice cube trays. Dump frozen cubes into a ziplock freezer bag for future use.
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute (can use granulated sugar) or 1 tablespoon other sugar substitute (can use granulated sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or vanilla syrup and skip the Splenda)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon cloves 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, tiny pinch of ginger)
- 1⁄2 cup hot extra strong coffee (double strength)
- In a small saucepan, whisk pumpkin into milk. Add sugar substitute, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Heat gently, stirring occasionally, just until steaming and foam begins to appear. Pour mixture into a tall mug; add coffee.
Tastes great and cheaper than Starbucks, but found it to be bit too thick, especially near the bottom of the cup. Maybe it would be better with 2 tablespoons pumpkin? Or strain out the solids after heating?