Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
I found this recipe on the internet and have made some minor revisions. It tastes just like the ones they made in Starbucks but it's much easier on the budget and it's oh so good in those chilly winter days.
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup strong brewed hot coffee
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste
- Combine half-and-half and canned pumpkin in a saucepan, place over medium heat and stir constantly. Heat until boiling but not burnt.
- Remove the mixture and pour into a blender. Whip in high speed for 20 seconds.
- Pour the mixture in a large cup, add coffee, stir in sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Enjoy!
This was very good and rich. I used 1/4 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice and just a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Thanks for the recipe
Very tasty latte. I'm not keen on using my blender for hot drinks like this, but it was a small amount, so it had plenty of room. There was a bit too much half-and-half for me. I would really like to try this with almond milk. Made and Reviewed for Comfort Cafe - Thanks A Latte! :)
Wow, yummy cuppa joe! I'm not a big coffee person, but once in a while I enjoy it and with some leftover pumpkin, I knew I had to try this. Rather than half-and-half, I used 3/4 cup soymilk and a couple tablespoons of homemade coconut-milk cream, which made it sinfully rich. And to be honest, I totally forgot about the sugar. Which was good, since it hyped me up before bedtime anyway ;-) Though not super-sweet, it tasted great to me! Will keep this one!