Recipe by Chef Judie
I don't remember where I found this recipe, but it has been much requested by family and friends. It is a fresh take on the standard treat and is especially appropriate during the fall months.
Top Review by Debbb
Great change from the ordinary! I prefer my rice krispie treats to be chewier so I will add more marshmallows next time. I also found the spice to be really subtle so I will increase that next time, too.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice.
- Add crispy rice cereal. Stir until completely coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, evenly press the rice mixture into a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.