Recipe by swissms
I have not tried this recipe; posted for safe-keeping. It sounds like a nice warm alternative to traditional cocoa. Add some Godiva white liqueur, dark rum or a shot of espresso.
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 -6 ounces high-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1 pinch sea salt
- sweetened whipped cream
- white chocolate shavings
- ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring milk to a simmer over medium heat. Do not allow to boil.
- Reduce heat. Mix in the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice (optional), and vanilla. Continue to warm over low heat for 5 minutes to allow flavors to infuse.
- Pour the milk mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a clean saucepan. Warm over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the white chocolate; continue to stir until completely melted. Add pinch of sea salt.
- Top each serving with whipped cream, a few shavings of white chocolate, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Serve immediately.