Recipe by PaulaG
Granola comes in many different varieties. This is a nice variation on traditional granola. Great for fall!
Top Review by **Mandy**
I did a half batch of this using hazelnuts in place of pecans & almonds. This was nice but I found that the coating didn't give as much coverage as I would like so would perhaps increase that by a bit. This is also great as it's not too sweet like some granola's, went great with blueberries & yoghurt for brekky.
- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups green unsalted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups dried cranberries or 2 cups dried blueberries or 2 cups raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine the oats, pepitas, nuts, wheat bran, oat bran, dry milk powder, and coconut in a large pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine the oil, honey, syrup, flavoring, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Heat just until blended thoroughly.
- Pour syrup over oat mixture and mix until thoroughly coated.
- Spread on 3 jelly roll pans and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Cool completely in pans.
- Pour cooled mixture into a large container, add dried fruit and mix well.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.