Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tweeted #1 recipe of the year by Taste of Home
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin. Combine the flour, pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and ginger; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
WOW!!!! Talk about an awesome flavored cupcake/frosting!! No wonder this was the #1 tweeted recipe from TOH, it is sooo good!!! I made a pan of cupcakes (12 count) and then I made a 9 X 11" pan, but now realize I should have used the 8 X 8 pan. I froze 10 of the cupcakes as well as the cake, plan to have these for Thanksgiving dessert. I plan on cutting the cake in half to make a double layered cake and then having some of the cupcakes to send home with the leftovers. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe and hopefully I will remember to get a photo of them when I pull them out for Thanksgiving! Made for PRMR Tag Game.
I made a square 12" cake, which needed to bake for approximately 30 minutes. Although the cake was moist, it was much too dense. I prefer a moist FLUFFY cake. But the frosting was nice. Walter my 9-yr-old said, "Who knew cream cheese would make such a great frosting?"
OMG Very good cupcakes. I did manage to get 27 out of these and took them to my daughters Halloween Party last week. Very well flavored, and though I only had 1, the cinnamon, and the pumpkin pie spice really stood out, and blended very well. The kids each had one during the party, and some were disappointed only because I only had enough for 1 for each kid, as they wanted a second one. Enjoyed the frosting, but The cupcake itself is a gem. Glad that the kids enjoyed these. Made for PRMR Tag