Recipe by CarrolJ
I got this recipes from Mr. Food.com. I love Pumpkin Spice Roll and checked every recipe here and this one is definite different. I hope you enjoy it. I especially loved that it explains clearly how to roll the cake without breaking the cake.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a rimmed 10 x 15 inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in pumpkin and eggs.
- Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and invert onto a clean kitchen towel that has been sprinkled with 2 Tablespoons confections' sugar.
- While cake is still hot, roll it up in the towel jelly roll-style from the narrow end.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- When cool, unroll cake and remove towel.
- In a small bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and remaining confectioners' sugar.
- Spread onto cooled cake and immediately re-roll (without towel).
- Place on serving platter and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut into slices just before serving.
- To give this the final touch, sprinkle on some confectioners' sugar just before serving.