Recipe by Lici
I found this recipe online a couple of years ago and loved it. These cookies are very moist and delicious. They aren't at all "pumpkiny" and not too sweet.
Top Review by MoreWithLessMom
These were very tasty, you could just taste the pumpkin and spice. It's a very delicate flavor that is just a little interesting compared to regular chocolate chip cookies. My kids loved them. I did not make the glaze, they didn't need it.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in canned pumpkin, eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
- Let sit for a few minutes then cool on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with Vanilla Glaze when cookies are completely cooled.
- Vanilla Glaze: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Add less or more milk depending on the consistency you want.