Recipe by CHEF GRPA
These soft cookies are almost like little pieces of cake. With chopped pecans sprinkled over a confectioners’ sugar frosting, they’re a pretty addition to a dessert table.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 -3 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 cups chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, butter, vanilla and enough water to achieve frosting consistency. Frost cookies; sprinkle with pecans.
- Tip's: I doubled the icing recipe to have enough and had a perfect amount. I also added a little cinnamon to the icing and sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top instead of using nuts.
- Next time I will add more spices and maybe add some cinnamon or nutmeg to the frosting.