Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from a local grocery store. Use pumpkin cookie cutters and ice. Icing recipe is also included. Time to make does not include the decorating time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
Powdered Sugar Icing
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth.
- Beat in brown sugar, pumpkin spice, baking powder and salt.
- Beat in an egg until well combined.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer.
- Stir in remaining flour with a spoon.
- Chill if necessary, until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut out with cookie cutters.
- Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Powdered Sugar Icing:.
- In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, vanilla, corn syrup and enough milk (2-4 TB.) to make icing consistency.
- Divide icing and tint one with orange and the other green.
- Ice cookies.
The first time I made these, the dough was way too soft to roll out (even after chilling); however, they did make great drop cookies. The second time around, I doubled the recipe, used a total of 3 3/4 c flour and a bit more baking powder (to keep it proportional), then chilled overnight. They rolled out beautifully! The texture was like gingerbread cookies, but the spice taste is different. Yummy!