Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Time to start posting some yummy fall recipes!
Make and share this Pumpkin Spice Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 cup shortening or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients. In a large bowl cream shortening and brown sugar. Add egg. Mix.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla mixing well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix.
- Drop by medium cookie scoop onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 300° for 20 minutes. (I don't cook quite that long as we do like ours a little on the under baked side.).
- These are a cake like cookie that do not spread out much, but if you are careful not to over bake they are very moist and yummy.
- Can frost w/ cream cheese frosting if you wish. Depending on the size of your scoop we got 3 dozen.
Pretty boring. I followed the recipe exactly and my husband and I found them just so-so. They were very quick and easy, but I don't think I'd bother with them again.
very nice flavor- i added some cream cheese frosting to the tops and they were delicious! I agree with the idea that you could add almost anything to these yummy cookies and they would taste great. They bake quite high, and dont spread much at all, so they are a nice little cake-of-a-cookie!
DELICIOUS...The first batch we inhaled as they came out of the oven. They are easy to mix, easy to double, (but unless you have a stand mixer do not double in a small mixing bowl)and the baking temperature is right on the mark as they come out perfect. The dough is easy to work with because the size of the cookie going in will be the same size coming out...the second batch we made the same size cookies and put cream cheese frosting in the middle...my daughter loved these. The third batch we added 1 cup of finely chopped walnuts and 1 cup of coconut...my husband loved these. Needless to say, I was really impressed with this recipe and am going to make a fourth batch with brickle bits and a fifth batch with white chocolate chips. These would be the perfect cookie for bake sales, etc. because of their consistency. This recipe has a permanent home in my recipe book (in my best of the best recipes out there)and in my top 5 cookie recipes!