Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A warm spicy fall treat for tea or dessert.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mace
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add pumpkin and sour cream and blend well.
- (Batter may have a curdled appearance - that's ok!).
- Stir in dry ingredients just until mixed.
- Toast pecans in 350' oven for 5 minutes. Chop fine.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar and spices.
- Spread half the batter in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with half the pecan mixture.
- Spread the remaining batter oven, then sprinkle with the remaining pecan mixture.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan to cool on rack.