Recipe by jm0527
Good holiday alternative.
Top Review by JessieGirl
Me and my friend had this dessert at a restuarant and I wasn't going to rest until I found it! ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! Everyone loves it and it is soooo great around Thanksgiving and Christmas time! If you like pumpkin pie and cheesecake, this is a DEFINITE for you to try!
- 1 1⁄4 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages soft cream cheese
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust: in bowl, mix 1 1/4 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 3 1/2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F, then cool.
- For filling: beat 3 80z packages of softened creamed cheese, 1 cup light brown sugar, 3/4 cup sour cream, 1/2 teaspoons of almond extract, for 3 minutes.
- Beat in 3 large eggs until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree and 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour into crust and bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Transfer to rack then cool for 5 minutes refrigerate and unmold the cheesecake.
- Garnish with ground cinnamon, whipped cream, or nutmeg and toasted pecans, if desired.