Recipe by AndreaVT96
A moist, rich-tasting cake that is kept yummy by using canned pumpkin puree. 5 WW points per serving--from WW's "Simply Delicious" cook book.
Top Review by mgc555
this cake was very good. a better alternative than pumpkin bread which can be very dry. I would suggest decreasing the eggs by 1 (total 3) and not really sure why this needs a full tablespoon of baking powder.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 10-inch Bundt pan with nonstick spray, then lightly dust with flour.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Combine eggs, oil, milk, pumpkin puree and vanilla in another bowl. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir until just blended.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes Cool in plan on rack 15 mins; remove from pan and cool on rack 30 minutes.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in bowl. Drizzle over warm cake and serve at once. Or cool cake completely on rack and drizzle with glaze just before serving.