Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
A moist, rich-tasting cake that is kept yummy by using canned pumpkin puree. 5 WW points per serving--from WW's "Simply Delicious" cook book.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 10-inch Bundt pan with nonstick spray, then lightly dust with flour.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Combine eggs, oil, milk, pumpkin puree and vanilla in another bowl. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir until just blended.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes Cool in plan on rack 15 mins; remove from pan and cool on rack 30 minutes.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in bowl. Drizzle over warm cake and serve at once. Or cool cake completely on rack and drizzle with glaze just before serving.
this cake was very good. a better alternative than pumpkin bread which can be very dry. I would suggest decreasing the eggs by 1 (total 3) and not really sure why this needs a full tablespoon of baking powder.