1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Spice Cake with Orange Sauce
This makes for a very good non-dairy dessert or snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed, cooked pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- powdered sugar
- 1Beat margarine at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 2Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- 3Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- 4Stir in pumpkin and vanilla.
- 5Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating at low speed until blended after each addition.
- 6Pour into a greased and floured 9-inch round cakepan.
- 7Bake at 350F degrees 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack.
- 9Place a paper doily over cake; sift powdered sugar through a wire-mesh strainer over doily.
- 10Remove doily, and serve with Orange Sauce.
- 11To make the Orange Sauce----------.
- 12Whisk together all ingredients in a heavy saucepan until blended.
- 13Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly; boil, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Spice Cake with Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.9
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 296.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g