Bertha C.'s Note:
I got this low-fat version of a fall cake from the local news' website. I used "fat" ingredients and my family loved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Lightly coat a nonstick or stick resistant bunt cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Whisk dry cake mix together with spices and soda in large mixing bowl until well combined.
- 4In a smaller bowl whisk milk together with egg whites, pumpkin and vanilla until combined.
- 5Pour liquid ingredients into mixing bowl and mix all ingredients together on medium speed of an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes until well blended.
- 6Pour batter into pan and smooth out top.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 8Remove cake from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- 9Invert cake pan on rack.
- 10Remove pan from cake and finish cooling.
- 11After cake has cooled completely, drizzle/pour frosting over cake and top with decorative holiday candies or sprinkles.
- 12For frosing: Whisk or mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- 13Add 1-2 tablespoons additional orange juice if you are planning to drizzle frosting.
- 14Frosting drizzling consistency should be a little thinner than frosting you plan to spread with a knife.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Spice Cake With Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.3 mg
- Sodium 188.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g