1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Spice Cake With Honey Frosting
Super San Mateo Chefs's Note:
These cupcakes were amazing. Made for my sister's baby shower in the fall. Adapted from Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade magazine. Her recipe was for a 9 inch cake. I adapted it to make approx. 48 cupcakes and made the frosting from scratch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 2 (18 1/4 ounce) boxes vanilla cake mix
- 2 cups apple cider or 2 cups juice
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 2Spray the bottoms and sides of the cupcake tins. You can also use paper cups.
- 3In a large bowl, combine cake mixes, cider, oil, water and honey. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until combined.
- 4Add eggs one at a time.
- 5Add spice mix and beat until combined.
- 6Stir in sour cream.
- 7Pour batter into cupcake tins about 3/4 filled.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- 10Remove from pan.
- 11Wait until completely cooled before frosting.
- 12For the Frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter and honey with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 13Gradually add sugar, spice and cream of tartar, beating well until you reach spreading consistency.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Spice Cake With Honey Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.3
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.0 mg
- Sodium 353.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g