Recipe by grapefruit
This is from Martha Stewart's Holiday Baking magazine. Made this tonight & totally love it - it's scrumptious. Enjoy!
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 8 tablespoons butter, very soft
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, very soft
- 1⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preaheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, puree, sugar and butter.
- Add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix gently till smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs - 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool cake 10 mins in pan, then turn out of pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Spread cooled cake with frosting.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Cake can be served, before frosting, in an air-tight container at room temperature for 2 days.
- In a medium bowl whisk butter, cheese and honey till smooth.