From Everyday Food (November 2005)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese (or reduced-fat)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin-pie spice.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, butter, and pumpkin purée until combined.
- 5Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, and mix gently until smooth.
- 6Turn batter into prepared pan, and smooth top.
- 7Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 45 to 50 minutes.
- 8Cool cake 10 minutes in pan, then turn out of pan, and cool completely, right side up, on a rack.
- 9Honey Frosting:
- 10In a medium bowl, whisk together bhe butter, cream cheese and honey until smooth.
- 11Spread top of cooled cake with Honey Frosting. Cut cake into squares to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Spice Cake (With Honey Frosting)
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.6
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 128.9 mg
- Sodium 503.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 41.9 g
- Protein 7.6 g