Prep 0 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Everyday Food (November 2005)
Make and share this Pumpkin Spice Cake (With Honey Frosting) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) cansolid-pack pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese (or reduced-fat)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin-pie spice.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, butter, and pumpkin purée until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, and mix gently until smooth.
- Turn batter into prepared pan, and smooth top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool cake 10 minutes in pan, then turn out of pan, and cool completely, right side up, on a rack.
- Honey Frosting:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together bhe butter, cream cheese and honey until smooth.
- Spread top of cooled cake with Honey Frosting. Cut cake into squares to serve.