Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so easy to make! It uses a cake mix so there is very little measuring and the results are amazingly moist and delicious! The recipe calls for mayonaise, but don't be afraid! It has no effect on the flavor... Enjoy!
- To Make the Cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease 13x9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Beat cake mix, pumpkin, mayonaise and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 32 to 35 minute or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- To make the Frosting:.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Gradually add sugar, beating after each addition until well blended.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Cut into pieces to serve.
- Store any leftovers in refrigerator.
Great cake & frosting! I did zest some tangerine across the cake & added some zest & a 1/4 cup of pumpkin to the frosting - turned it a lovely pale peach colour. Otherwise made cake as directed for a last minute invite to a cookout. Cake rose nicely & was really pretty orange - not at all greasy or heavy. Used about 1/2 the powdered sugar in the frosting so added a few tablespoons of amber maple syrup - powdered sugar wasn't missed. Thanks for a great fast autumn dessert that was enjoyed by all. Our secret on how fast & easy it is to make LOL! Thanks for posting Canadian Cookie!
Excellent cake! It is a rather dense cake, but not too sweet. I especially liked how the cream cheese icing turned out. Thanks Cookie for sharing this!