Recipe by slkendrick
I originally got this recipe from Kitchen Assistant...but I believe it belonged to Southern Living before that! This is fabulous all year round...but especially around Thanksgiving.
Top Review by Marty the Beagle
This was nearly perfect! It was delicious and moist--it made a wonderful fall birthday cake. I used a 9x13 glass baking dish, and after 20 minutes it was still liquid in the middle, but after 30, it was almost burned. I served it at a birthday party (for adults), and it was a huge hit, but most people felt that the frosting was a little too sweet. Next time I make it, I'll probably use about 12 ounces of powdered sugar.
- 4 large eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 425.24 g can pumpkin
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 453.59 g powdered sugar
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Combine flour and next 6 ingredients.
- Stir flour mix into pumpkin mix until well blended.
- Spread batter in a lightly greased 15 X 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (until light brown).
- Cool completely before you Frost!
- For Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating well.
- Stir in pecans.