A moist, delicious pumpkin cake made with yellow cake mix and topped with cream cheese frosting. This is my favorite cake, especially during the holidays.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cake Directions:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13" baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cake mix, sugar, baking soda, cinammon and ginger.
- Make a well in the center add pumpkin, oil and eggs. Beat on low speed until blended.
- Scrape bowl and beat about 4 minutes on medium speed. Stir in chopped pecans if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick placed in center of cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely and top with cream cheese frosting.
- Frosting Directions:.
- Beat softened butter and cream cheese until well blended. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Spread on cake.
- If making a round, stacked cake, make 1-1/2 to 2x the frosting, depending on how thick you like it.