Recipe by paula giles
This is good for special occasions, only because this takes a little extra time for making the ice creme into cinnamon nutmeg ice creme. But it is good.
Top Review by The Thorn of Hudson, FL
This was fairly easy to make and the results were fantastic. The cake was very moist with a good flavor. It will become a Turkey dinner companion from here on out! The ice cream was the perfect compliment. Not only that, it set my imagination free to other ice cream combinations - funny - it never occurred to me to mix my own ice cream flavors. My Dad always talked about a Marshmallow ice cream from when he was a kid - I would have loved the opportunity to try and make a suitable variation for him - were he still with us. Thank you for an excellent recipe, and some very nice memories.
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, soft
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups nuts
- confectioners' sugar
- cinnamon-nutmeg ice creme (recipe below)
CINNAMON NUTMEG ICE CREME
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- In separate bowl, beat butter and sugars 3 minutes.
- Add eggs (1 at a time) Beating well after each beat in pumkin.
- In measuring cup and buttermilk and vannilla.
- Into pumkin mixt.
- beat in flour mixt in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 13x9 pan.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Turn out on wire rack and dust with powder sugar.
- Serve with a big spoonful of CINNAMON NUTMEG ICE CREME.
- --------CINNAMON-NUTMEGICE CREME----------.
- SOFTNED ICE CREME IN LARGE BOWL IN REFRIGERATOR 20 MINUTES.
- ADD SPICES.