Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A nice moist cake.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Lightly butter a (9" x 13" baking pan. cream butter, sugar and pumpkin pie spice until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the butter alternating with addition of pureed pumpkin and lemon juice.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan and bake 30-35 minutes (or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean).
- Allow the cake to cool.
- Spread frosting on the cake and if desired garnish with candied ginger.